I was still at IRMA. There was a function in the IRMA auditorium. Dr and Mrs Kurien were there.
At the end of the function Dr. Kurien gradually walked towards the exit at the back of the auditorium.
I am sure you would know that the aisle there is a ramp and not steps. I was seated by the aisle toward the back. We all stood up and were waiting for him to walk by. For some reason, he missed a step and lost his balance, I quickly extended my hand which he grabbed for support.
He looked at me, smiled and said, “With each year, this slope gets steeper”. I can never forget these two moments in my life. His quit wit was simply amazing.
Contributed by Dushyant Mishra PRM 18 IRMA NDDB ( 1999-2003)
- The unfinished Blog: Finally Completing the Story of Meeting Rajeev Deshmukh
- A story in search of an end; “A Bull Made of Steel”
- Shri R N Haldipur. Humility Unlimited
- Random Reminiscences of a forgetful old man 1968-1975 Manthan and Mani Bhuvan-3
- वसुधैव कुटुंबकम; वाक्यांश क्या केवल एक जुमला है ?