Dr. MPG Kurup former Executive Director National Dairy Development Board
Indian Art , History , Culture , Architecture and Vedic India
Real Name is Sthanumalaya Temple. circa 9th century : building started by Chola Rulers , but was completed only in 15th century AD.
Kings of the Travancore Royal Family were actively involved in the up keep and management of the Temple : especially Swathi Thirunal : Swathirunal was the king who stopped the cruel practice of dipping Suspects hand in boiling ghee to varify Truth / Lie of their Statements .
The Temple is located on the Trunk Road from Thiruvananthapuram and Kanyakumari ! A 29 ft tall Statue of Hanuman Ji is placed by the side of the temple : The Linga in the Temple represents the Thri Murthis : Brahma , Vishnu and Siva .
Legend has it that Lord Indra worshipped in the Suchindram temple for atoning his sins in Battles.
- 1992 SCAM -the Ostrich style in the banksI met Ganeshji not in the century that I was born but had to wait for the onset of the … More
- अनुभूति -१०ऐसे अनेक, न समझ मे आने वाले दृष्य हर रोज दिखते है, अनुभव करने को मिलते है । अन्दर से … More
- Two full moonsSharing Hindi translation of a poem Behind the Moon by Vinita Agrawal from her Book Two Full Moons
- From here and there कुछ इधर से कुछ उधर से !From Twitter
- Protected: Amma memoriesThis content is password protected.