Dr. MPG Kurup former Executive Director National Dairy Development Board
Indian Art , History , Culture , Architecture and Vedic India
Real Name is Sthanumalaya Temple. circa 9th century : building started by Chola Rulers , but was completed only in 15th century AD.
Kings of the Travancore Royal Family were actively involved in the up keep and management of the Temple : especially Swathi Thirunal : Swathirunal was the king who stopped the cruel practice of dipping Suspects hand in boiling ghee to varify Truth / Lie of their Statements .
The Temple is located on the Trunk Road from Thiruvananthapuram and Kanyakumari ! A 29 ft tall Statue of Hanuman Ji is placed by the side of the temple : The Linga in the Temple represents the Thri Murthis : Brahma , Vishnu and Siva .
Legend has it that Lord Indra worshipped in the Suchindram temple for atoning his sins in Battles.
- The Celebrity Next DoorG. Krishnan started his career in the NDDB as an Apprentice in 1973 and subsequently worked in the Planning Division and the Oilseeds and Vegetable Oil Wing. In 1978, he went on deputation to CLUSA and worked in the vegetable oilContinue reading “The Celebrity Next Door”
- Dr HB Joshi shares his views on the why, what and how of VrikshamandirThank you Dr Joshi for your kinds words about Vrikshamandir. I had written a blog in 2020 titled “Why Vrikshamandir”? I quote below the last paragraph of that blog. One can read the full text by clicking thisContinue reading “Dr HB Joshi shares his views on the why, what and how of Vrikshamandir”
- Meeting of former NDDB employees at Anand on 21/22 January 2023I visited my home country, Bharat, from 14 November 2022 to 6 March 2023, after nearly two years and four months. There was so much to do during the four-month trip to Bharat; So many people to meet—soContinue reading “Meeting of former NDDB employees at Anand on 21/22 January 2023”
- ईशोपनिषदFacebook Comments Box
- खलबलीखलबली अचानक एक दिन मच गई शरीर के तंत्रो मे अजब सी खलबली , हम में से है बडा कौन, इस गंभीर मुद्दे पर अति उग्रता से बहुत बातें चली । सुनो, जीभ बोल पड़ी, “मैं सब सेContinue reading “खलबली”