Dr. MPG Kurup former Executive Director National Dairy Development Board
Indian Art , History , Culture , Architecture and Vedic India
Real Name is Sthanumalaya Temple. circa 9th century : building started by Chola Rulers , but was completed only in 15th century AD.
Kings of the Travancore Royal Family were actively involved in the up keep and management of the Temple : especially Swathi Thirunal : Swathirunal was the king who stopped the cruel practice of dipping Suspects hand in boiling ghee to varify Truth / Lie of their Statements .
The Temple is located on the Trunk Road from Thiruvananthapuram and Kanyakumari ! A 29 ft tall Statue of Hanuman Ji is placed by the side of the temple : The Linga in the Temple represents the Thri Murthis : Brahma , Vishnu and Siva .
Legend has it that Lord Indra worshipped in the Suchindram temple for atoning his sins in Battles.
- Ramanujam, at the young age of 64, cycled from Manali to Leh in 10 days and then wrote his first blog, and I copy-pasted it on Vrikshamandir!This is my first ever blog. I had always wanted to write about my first 50k cycling which I did at the age of 56 and half marathon at 57. However I never got around to it dueContinue reading “Ramanujam, at the young age of 64, cycled from Manali to Leh in 10 days and then wrote his first blog, and I copy-pasted it on Vrikshamandir!”
- Million stars under my feetThere has been rather a long gap in posting blogs on Vrikshamandir. The monotony was broken as Nagar sent this blog. While forwarding this Nagar wrote, “Shailu, I guess this is, as of now the last write upContinue reading “Million stars under my feet“
- Parc OmegaWe came to Canada in July 2020. Since then we have made many trips outside our city. There is a distinct possibility of our return to Bharat Bhumi in November this year. When I look back at moreContinue reading “Parc Omega”
- Why did the chicken cross the road?I follow Rakesh Krishnan Simha (@ByRakeshSimha) on Twitter. I find his tweets informative, incisive and humorous. Rakesh Krishnan Simha (@ByRakeshSimha) posted a long satirical thread of seventeen tweets to highlight the “alleged” and “imagined” “thinking” of some contemporaryContinue reading “Why did the chicken cross the road?”
- Protected: My Grand ChildrenThis content is password protected.