Dr. MPG Kurup former Executive Director National Dairy Development Board
Indian Art , History , Culture , Architecture and Vedic India
Real Name is Sthanumalaya Temple. circa 9th century : building started by Chola Rulers , but was completed only in 15th century AD.
Kings of the Travancore Royal Family were actively involved in the up keep and management of the Temple : especially Swathi Thirunal : Swathirunal was the king who stopped the cruel practice of dipping Suspects hand in boiling ghee to varify Truth / Lie of their Statements .
The Temple is located on the Trunk Road from Thiruvananthapuram and Kanyakumari ! A 29 ft tall Statue of Hanuman Ji is placed by the side of the temple : The Linga in the Temple represents the Thri Murthis : Brahma , Vishnu and Siva .
Legend has it that Lord Indra worshipped in the Suchindram temple for atoning his sins in Battles.
- A Chapati TaleWondering? How can there be a tale about a Chapati, but there is one. Here it is. Back in 1971 on NDDB campus, bachelors- some twenty of us who were eating in hostel mess suddenly lost our privilege to … Continue reading A Chapati Tale
- High StakesDr Kurien played hard games with high stakes. When he presented NDDB’s Market Intervention Operation to make India self-sufficient in edible oils in five years, Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, questioned his targets by saying … Continue reading High Stakes
- A ringside view of the Operation Flood programmeBefore India liberalized its economy and before IT professionals made India matter in the world, the most successful story of the country was its achievement in the dairy sector. From huge dependence on imports of milk powder, India … Continue reading A ringside view of the Operation Flood programme
- कथा, एक मित्र के ब्याह की भाग १ और २कथा, एक मित्र के ब्याह की भाग -१ सुप्रसिद्ध अंग्रेज़ी नाट्यकार जॉर्ज बर्नार्ड शॉ ने कहा था की, “हर बुद्धिमान महिला को जितनी जल्दी हो सके शादी कर लेनी चाहिये और हर एक बुद्धिमान पुरुष को शादी में जितनी देर हो सके उतनी देर करनी चाहिये”। हमारा मित्र उनके … Continue reading कथा, एक मित्र के ब्याह की भाग १ और २
- Fearless KaramyogiDr Kurien was a fearless karmyogi and he never asked for anything for himself. I recall when Jagjivan Ram wanted a private dairy to be funded under Operation Flood (OF), Dr Kurien’s blunt reply was that it could … Continue reading Fearless Karamyogi