~ Dr MPG Kurup former Executive Director National Dairy Development Board
India : Art , History , Culture , Architecture , Vedic India
History , Culture
No Vrindavan is the holiest of holy lands , for Hindus , Braj Bhoomi Region , along the banks of the holy river Jamuna , in Mathura district in utter pradesh. There are in this area , more than 5000 Temples dedicated to lord Krishna and Radha.
Vrindavan was a heavily forested area , Madhuban , was progressively cleared as Temples and Krishna Bhakti grew among the residents.
Lord Krishna is believed to have spent his childhood days in Vrindavan !
Govinda Devji Temple is the oldest and most sacred temple in Vrindavan , built by Raja Man Sing : in the 16th century : Emperor Akbar donated the sand stone for the temple ( left over after the construction of redforet in Delhi) !
The Mathura Temple was built by King Raj Veer Sing Deva Bundela in 1650 , spending Rs.33 Laks , during the reign of Emperor Jehangir !
ISKON is currently building the world’s tallest Temple ” Chandrodaya Mandir ” in Vrindavan : now under dispute with the Green Authorities and Sub Judice !
Source : Google / Wikipedia
- A story in search of an end; “A Bull Made of Steel”
- Shri R N Haldipur. Humility Unlimited
- Random Reminiscences of a forgetful old man 1968-1975 Manthan and Mani Bhuvan-3
- वसुधैव कुटुंबकम; वाक्यांश क्या केवल एक जुमला है ?
- Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam; Is it just a slogan being used these days?